TO: THE MEMBERS OF THE OCHAPOWACE NATION
OCHAPOWACE SPECIFIC CLAIM TRUST AGREEMENT
The Chief and Council of Ochapowace Nation are soliciting applications for a minimum of Nine (9) Trustees representing Five (5) members resident on reserve, One (1) member representing the province of Manitoba and Eastern Canada, One (1) member representing the Province of Saskatchewan who resides outside of the reserve, One (1) member representing the Province of Alberta and One (1) member representing the Province of British Columbia to administer the Ochapowace Specific Claim Trust.
QUALIFICATIONS OF OCHAPOWACE NATION TRUSTEES
Ochapowace Members who meet the following conditions are eligible to hold the office of a Ochapowace Trustee:
- be a member who has attained at least the age of eighteen years as of the date of his or her appointment, as a Ochapowace Trustee;
- up to the time of applying for the position of a Ochapowace Trustee not have been declared to be mentally incompetent by a court of competent jurisdiction in Canada or elsewhere;
- not have been convicted of an offence under the Criminal Code of Canada that is an indictable offence or a dual offence which the Crown elected to proceed by way of indictment in the five-year period immediately prior to applying for the position of a Ochapowace Trustee;
- not have been declared a bankrupt pursuant to provisions of the Bankruptcy Act in the five year period immediately prior to applying for the position of Ochapowace Trustee;
- be free of any drug whose use is prohibited under the laws of Canada and not have been convicted of an offence under such laws relating to the possession, possession for the purpose of trafficking, or trafficking of a prohibited drug in the five-year period immediately prior to applying for the position of a Ochapowace Trustee; and
- the individual must agree in writing to become a party to, and be bound by, the terms of the Trust Agreement and to faithfully and to the best of his or her abilities carry out the duties of Member Trustee by signing a Ochapowace Trustee’s Certificate.
Interested Ochapowace Members shall provide the following information to the Chief and Council:
- a current detailed resume;
- a statement declaring that he/she is not an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent;
- a current Certified Criminal Records Check from the R.C.M.P.
The appointed Trustees shall serve a term of three (3) years.
Please submit your detailed resume and supporting documentation to Headman Tim Bear on or before May 31, 2018.
Headman Tim Bear
PO BOX 550,
WHITEWOOD, SK, S0G 5C0
Drop off your detailed resume and supporting documentation with Cortney Bear at the Chief and Council office. If you have any questions or concerns you may contact Cortney at (306) 696-3160 or fax (306) 696-3146.