The Labour Force Development Program is the administration of a quality validation process for the recommendation of clients for financial assistance based on case by case management through submissions of Client Activity Plans and Activity Budgets to the appropriate funding agency. In addition to client intakes we coordinate service delivery contracts with Training institutes for the coordination of specific training activities.
Freida Sparvier - LFD Coordinator
Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP)
ONGOING STUDENT RECRUITMENT also includes Employment Opportunity for Students with Disabilities (EOSD) & Indigenous Student Employment Opportunity (ISEO)
Are you a student searching for a full-time or part-time work opportunity? Apply for a Government of Canada student job!
As the country’s largest employer, we are proud to hire thousands of students every year to support us in delivering services to Canadians.
For more information and to apply, click here
What is LFD?
4 Nation Multi-Trade Program
4 Nation Multi-Trade Program Application.pdf (fillible form)
Download the Application Form. Please fill out all required information, save and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technology (S.I.I.T.)
Visit website www.siit.ca and apply for funding today through Labor Force Development.
SIIT offers certificate and diploma programs:
Here is a list of 2022 courses available this year:
- Educational Assistant
- First Nations Child Care
- Health Care Aide
- Indigenous Foundations to Business
- Indigenous Practical Nursing
- IT Support Specialist
- Mental Health & Wellness
- Miyoskamin: Innovation & Entrepreneurship Applied Certificate
- Orientation to Daycare and HeadStart
Trades & Industrial – Diploma and Apprenticeship Level Programs
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
- Electrical Applied Certificate
- Power Engineering
- Process Operation Technician
Trades & Industrial – Trades Pathway Programs
- Auto Body Repair
- Automotive Service Technician Preparation
- Concrete Forming
- Construction Worker Preparation
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Guest Services Representative
- Mining Industry Pre-Employment Program
- Outdoor Power Equipment Repair
- Residential Renovation and Construction
- Steel Stud and Drywall
- Volunteer Firefighting Training
Trades & Industrial – Testing and Certification
- Boiler Lab Training – 4th Class Power
- Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) Test Preparation
- Carpentry Refresher
Adult Basic Education
- Adult 10
- Adult 12
- ABE Bridging to Adult 12 Program
- Essential Skills for the Workplace
- Essential Skills for Indigenous Early Childhood Education
S.I.I.T. Application Form.pdf (fillable form)
Download the SIIT Application Form. Please fill out all required information, save and email to: email@example.com
2012 Program Status
As of March 31, 2013, Labour Force Development closed off the 2012/13 fiscal year assisting in career training. Those individuals were:
- Sharon Watcheston – Office Education (completed)
- Julia Belanger – Office Education (completed)
Additional resources were accessed in March to assist with the Level 1 Carpentry Program.
Other activities included job assistance for individuals to attend interviews and work placements/training assistance for individuals starting new employment.
The Economic Development office continues to network with employers and companies on their labour force requirements. Partnerships agreement and MOU’s are currently being explored with surrounding companies to supply a workforce consisting of Ochapowace Nation members.