Please join us on welcoming Wayne Sandy who has joined the Ochapowace Nation team as of August 2020.
Wayne is the Post Secondary Coordinator for the Ochapowace Nation and his office is located at the Ochapowace Education building. He will assist with facilitating of the applications for the Post-Secondary Students as well as funding. Wayne will be working closely with the Education Committee, the Education Committee is responsible for making the selection for funding for school based on prioritization which is outlined in the Ochapowace Education Policy.
Wayne will also be responsible for the hiring and placing of students in Summer Student Employment Program, which runs from July to August. The program allows for the students to gain work experience.
Please feel free to drop in if you have any questions or concerns in regards to Post-Secondary.
Wayne can be reached at:
Ph: (306) 696-3173
Fax: (306) 696-2617
PROGRAM AND SERVICES
Deadline dates for accepting applications are as follows:
Fall Semester: June 30
Winter Semester: TBD
Spring & Summer Classes: TBD
The following MUST be submitted by the deadline dates as indicated, the following documents are requried for consideration of application:
- Letter of Acceptance from the Education Insitution you're applying too
- Most recent transcripts of any/all institutions attended (ie. High School, Technical Programs, University, etc.)
- Final registration of classes you're enrolled
- Letter requesting funding as a Treaty Right
- Status verification of treaty card (photocopy both sides of status card)
- Dependant verification (copy of Revenue Canada NBC form)
To ensure your application is processed quickly and efficiently please submit the completed forms and required documents as stated above to Wayne Sandy, Education Manager by email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (306) 696-2617 Mail: P.O. Box 550, Whitewood SK S0G-5CO
For further information please contact Wayne Sandy at (306) 696-3173 or Ochapowace toll free 1-888-706-2425 #5
Please note, selected students are considered based on the the Ochapowace Post-Secondary Policy.
Career Awareness Program
- The goal is to increase awareness of employment and career options
- Partnership with Kakisiwew School to provide career fairs and workshops
Summer Student Program
- Grades 9-12
- Post Secondary
- Students must reside on Ochapowace Nation
- Employment term: July-August annually
- Promote work experience for youth & young adults
- Post Secondary Application Instructions.pdf (Updated February 2019)
- Post Secondary Application Forms.pdf (Updated February 2019)
- Post Secondary Authorization Release Form.pdf
- 2013 RBC Aboriginal Student Awards Program
- Aboriginal Learning Links - Scholarships, Grants, & Burseries
- SIGA Scholarship
- University of Regina - Awards & Financial Aid
- University of Saskatchewan - Scholarships, Bursaries, & Awards